Honey is the sweet and sugary substance which is collected from the plants by honey bees. It has lot of benefits, hence it is used world wide for many purposes. This product is famous in many medicinal and health products since the ages. It has numerous health benefits and also used in many beauty products and ayurvedic treatments. We can use use as a natural remedy for many issues at home itself. The following are the some of the benefits of honey in both health and beauty purposes.
Health Benefits Of Honey:
Honey has a lot of health benefits, it is used in many medicines. It is a common product used in Ayurveda medicines, modern medicines and even also plays a major role in homeopathy medicine. It can be used as the following ways for health purpose.
- Weight Loss: Honey plays a major role in weight loss. When it is consumed with hot water in an empty stomach it burns the extra fat stored in our body. We can also add lemon or cinnamon powder in that hot water along with honey for better results.
- Antioxidants: Honey acts as an antioxidant, it contains nutraceuticals which are very effective for the removal of free radicals from the body. Hence, the body immune system is improved and fights against the health issues.
- Acts as source of vitamins and minerals: Honey is a source of vitamins and minerals. Commonly, it contains vitamin-c, calcium and iron. Hence, it can be consumed in any age group.
- Acts as an energy source: Honey is a good source of energy, it contains about 64 calories per tablespoon. Even though, the calories are more the carbohydrates in it are easily converted into glucose. It is very easy for the body to digest.
- Helps with allergies: Honey has anti inflammatory properties, hence it is helpful in reducing allergy symptoms.
- Reduces cough: From the past, honey is popular medicine for reducing cough. In olden days, honey mixed with tulasi leaves juice is used as a natural cough syrup. The honey coats the throat and keeps it calm by soothing the nerve endings that protects the throat.
- Helps with wounds and burns: As we all known that honey is a natural antibiotic, it can help in treating the wounds and burns.
Beauty Benefits Of Honey:
Not only the health, it is also used for beauty. As honey is an antioxidant it is used in many beauty products. It can also be used as an natural ingredient to improve the complexion and glow. The following are the some ways in which honey is helpful to increase the beauty.
- Treats Acne: Honey is a natural antibacterial, so it is used in treating acne. For acne prone skin, it is used in curing the acne and also from preventing to form dark spots due to acne. It also removes the already formed dark spots on the skin.
- Reduces Aging: Honey is full of antioxidants, hence it is helpful in slowing down the aging. By applying it we can look younger than our age.
- Increases Complexion: It is extremely moisturizing and soothing, so it helps to create a glow in the face which increases the complexion in the skin.
- Clears the pores: Natural honey contains the antibacterial properties. It fights against the building up of bacteria on the skin. Due to this the skin remains healthy and glowing.
- Moisturizes the skin: Honey is a natural moisturizer, it helps to retain your skin hydrous for several hours. So, the skin remains soft and smooth.
- Exfoliates the skin: Honey contains natural agents like antioxidants, enzymes and nutrients. They hydrate, cleanse and nourishes the skin. Honey mixed with baking soda is helpful in removing dead cells on the skin, which leads to glowing and radiant touch on the skin.
- Removes scars and dark spots: Honey has the best benefits like removing scars and spots on the skin. It is rich with antibacterial ad anti-inflammatory combination that makes the scars and spots disappeared on the skin. It helps in regenerating the tissues of the skin by healing the scars.
- Heals the dry lips: As we know honey acts as a moisturizer, it also helps in healing the dry lips. Honey and sugar scrub is used to remove the dry skin on the lips and keeps the lips moisturized and soft. Honey is also used to treat the dark lips.
Not only the above benefits there are many other benefits with honey. It is world wide for many purposes, mostly in medicines and beauty products.